none
How can I get a MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer) certificate? Is it useful?

Answers

• Hi Michael,

the MCSD area was restructured. There is a MCSD Universal Windows Platform available but that is set to retire on 31. March 2017. 

I understood, that the new MCSD is the MCSD App Builder - and if you are interested in building c# Applications for the App Store, then the steps required will be:

- MCSA Universal Windows Platform - this requires 2 exams:

a) 70-483 Programming in c# (This is also part of the old MCSD)

b) 70-357 Developing Mobile Apps (This exam is new and still not available.)

- Once you got that certifications, you can do one of these exams:

a) 70-354 UWP - App Architecture and UX/UI (new exam, still not available)

b) 70-355 UWP - App Data, Services and Coding Patterns (new exam, still not available)

There are also other options, but they do not target UWP and the Application Development for the App Store.

It is a shame that the exams are still not available and the other MCSD is retired in 3 Months! The MCSD Web Applications is also retired to the 31. March but the exams stay exactly the same! (So you have to do 480, 486 and 487 which is a valid combination, too. 480+486 are MCSA Web Applications and 487 is a possible exam for MCSD App Builder.)

I hope this helped a little bit. The starting page for certifications is https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/certification-overview.aspx if you want to click trhough it on your own.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Monday, January 2, 2017 12:27 PM
    Answerer