none
I may be a victim of piracy? I was given my key by Microsoft OVER THE PHONE! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am very frustrated right now.   When I bought this computer, i could not get the key STUCK TO THE COMPUTER to work.   I called Microsoft, and after being basically accused of lying ("if it were genuine, there would be no problem activating") and having to straighten it out by giving the code a few times, my computer type, processor type, serial number, model number, etc etc etc...   I was finally given a key to activate my product because the one i BOUGHT didn't work right.

And now I wake up to this?   How is my key blocked when it was given to me from Microsoft?  How do I resolve this without wasting another hour?   This is insane.  Anyone else having similar issues?

Friday, April 20, 2007 3:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Jack,

In order to recieve the best support, we request all users initially run the Genuine Diagnostics tool to try and identify the issue you may be having.

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Program Manager

Friday, April 20, 2007 10:10 PM