Urgent Message RRS feed

• Question

• Im getting an urgent message on my WLOC stating Urgent:
    Unable to set up port for monitering machines. I was unable to find anything on the help file that could explain my predicament anyone have a clue ?
    Wednesday, August 1, 2007 12:06 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

The text is indeed a little misleading--the error condition leading to this action item can occur both on hub PC's, as well as non-hub PC's.  We'll fix the text in a future beta refresh.

In the meanwhile, I'd also like to understand why your machine ran into this.  Could you please generate a support log and contact support or file a bug in connect, so we can take a closer look?  Also, after generating the support log could you try rebooting the machine--does the action item persist, or does it go away in a few minutes?

Thanks,

Guhan

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 6:16 PM

All replies

• Interesting. Is this PC set up as a hub in multi-PC?

-steve

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 12:58 AM
  • Nope Thats why it's so confusing.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 1:39 AM
  • I suggest contacting support then, http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2 - use the Get More help link in the lower right corner.

-steve

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 5:05 PM
  • Hi there,

The text is indeed a little misleading--the error condition leading to this action item can occur both on hub PC's, as well as non-hub PC's.  We'll fix the text in a future beta refresh.

In the meanwhile, I'd also like to understand why your machine ran into this.  Could you please generate a support log and contact support or file a bug in connect, so we can take a closer look?  Also, after generating the support log could you try rebooting the machine--does the action item persist, or does it go away in a few minutes?

Thanks,

Guhan

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 6:16 PM
  • I'm having the same trouble, but mine is a hub PC in a multi-PC set up.  Any ideas what could be going on?

Sunday, August 12, 2007 4:32 AM
  •  jasonk1230 wrote:

I'm having the same trouble, but mine is a hub PC in a multi-PC set up.  Any ideas what could be going on?

Please file a bug with the support log on Connect, Jason - https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=168

You can also contact support, per Guhan's previous reply.

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:47 PM