Task To Case conversion using Plugin RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts,

I have a Task record whose "actual start date" needs to be mapped with a custom date field (Task Start Date) of Case entity while converting that task to case. 
    Since there is no lookup field of the task into Case entity, I am unable to get the corresponding value using any script or plugins.

Could you please give me an idea how to solve this problem? If i write a plugin then, is there any specific message where i should register it? 

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Their is no Out-of-box functionality. You need create your own button and call action from that and in action create case and pass your value from task.

In which you would in need Javascript. No .net code required in this.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Thursday, May 18, 2017 5:34 AM
  • Hello,

What you can try (and I haven't tried it so there is no guarantee that it would work) is to develop a plugin that will handle create of Case and from plugin code try to find source task.

Dynamics CRM/Business Solutions MVP
    Read My blog

Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:57 PM
  • Hi,

The case will go and update into task regarding field. So on update of task regarding you can write a plugin and map that field. 

Thanks,

Sravan.J

Friday, May 19, 2017 9:26 AM
  • Hi,

Can you not create a link from the task to the case. The task is the source of the case and a reference to the task can be created. During the setting up of this link CRM has the capability to map fields into the linked entity. Its a configuration item when you create the relationship.

The idea is that when you create a case from the task you can then map the fields from the task to the case. Its all standard config, no code required.

regards,

Don

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:45 PM