Handycam firewire for Hp laptop RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,I am having trouble with finding a solution to transfering home movie video to laptop computer.

I have had no trouble in the past but I recently traded in my old desktop for a new laptop and cannot figure this out.

What I am using: Camera: Sony digital handycam dcr-trv820 NTSC (uses tapes) with IEEE 1394 firewire.

Computer: HP Pavilion dv5 1130 ca notebook Pc with windows vista home premium

The hp laptop does not seem to support the IEEE 1394 firewire from the Handycam and thus my problem in transfering my video tape to computer.

Is there another way to do this such as a new compatable firewire?

Thank-you in advance for any tips or solutions you may be able to offer.

• Moved by Michael Sun [MSFT]Microsoft employee Monday, August 31, 2009 6:48 AM off topic for application compatibility for windows (From:Application Compatibility for Windows Development)
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:08 PM

All replies

• Are you writing any software? This forum is under Software Development for Windows Client Forums, by the way.

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:14 PM
  • Hi petey,

Welcome to MSDN Forums!

The forum here is mainly for application development compatibility issues for different versions of Windows.  Are you writting your own software?   Otherwise, I think the current question is off topic here. 

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:46 AM