Limit concurrent connections from a user in the CRM RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi everyone,

I'm currently running Dynamics CRM 4 in my company, and I wonder if it is possible to limit or event disable concurrent connections from a single user to the CRM.

Indeed, we don't want users to be able to log on to the CRM twice ( both from his laptop and from an other computer for example); we got problems from users sharing their CRM credentials (even it is not allowed) to get more permissions, using 2 CRM accounts at the same time, and that's an annoying point. So it would be great if a user could only log on the CRM from a single machine.

Any ideas would to do so would be greatly appreciated.

David.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi David,

Out of box CRM does not have this feature. If you would like to implement this, it will involve some customizations in CRM to do the tracking of CRM user log on and off.

To track user on and off, you can create a custom entity for that. then write javascript to query the tracking database everytime that a user tries to create a record. If they already logon, prompt them a message tell them that you can't save the record until you log off the other machine based on the query result. I think problem is with create/update/share records instead of reading the records.

This is just an idea, I am sure there are many way you can accmoplish this. Just need to involve some customization and coding. Smile

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 4:22 PM
  • Monday, September 19, 2011 3:16 PM
  • You can limit concurrent logins, so that if one machine is logged in, they cannot login in again..

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2005.05.utilityspotlight.aspx

Monday, September 19, 2011 10:30 PM