none
MSDN profiles are acting wierd RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a test MSDN profile and a LIVE MSDN profile, for some reason the test profile was never disabled and now when I try to do things sometimes it thinks I'm the test profile and not my live profile.  HELP
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Friday, June 12, 2015 5:00 PM profile question
    Friday, June 12, 2015 2:11 PM

All replies

• As far as I know, each TechNet/MSDN account has only one profile. Do you have another account besides the one you used to post this discussion? The profile for this account shows only 2 activities, this discussion and a question you asked 2 months ago.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, June 13, 2015 6:07 PM
  • I have /had 2 accounts - the first was a test or temp account to check out the product then after my boss bought the tool for me I got a real/full account  the second account is (Ultimate so that I can do everything).  The issue is that for some reason there are times when the system acts like I'm still a trail account when I should have been upgraded to an ultimate.  This shows up when I'm trying to do stuff like admin functions or when I am trying to create a test plan.  Basically it won't let me do the admin functions or create Test Plans, this is a major problem for the team QA(me) since I should be doing both of those things.  both of my IDs I think are the same - ariley@evapco.com 
    Monday, June 15, 2015 1:41 PM
  • OK now my TFS add-in to work with Excel is not working and it says I need to get TFS Ultimate (which I already have - used it just last Friday) plus the thing even suggested I need to get the add-in again which I also already have...  frustration levels rising.

Please contact as soon as possible

Monday, June 15, 2015 2:50 PM
  • I'm not 100% sure of how my questions to MS work but are you able to help me fix or find a fix to my profile problems:

DETAILS:

When I started my new job I had been given access but that access level did not allow me to perform my duties, so I was then given a higher profile access.  After that on certain occasions sometimes the Online applications would behave as though I still had the lower access instead of Ultimate.  This goes for a while but I try not to fuss.  Then my boss makes me admin in his project so that I can get a few tasks done--- And instead of being able to , create a test plan I get the following everytime I try to make a test plan:

<v:shapetype coordsize="21600,21600" filled="f" id="_x0000_t75" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" stroked="f">
     <v:stroke joinstyle="miter">
    <v:formulas>  <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0">
      <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0">
      <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1">
      <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2">
      <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth">
      <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight">
      <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1">
      <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2">
      <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth">
      <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0">
      <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight">
      <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0">
     </v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:formulas>
     <v:path gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect" o:extrusionok="f">
     <o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit">
    </o:lock></v:path></v:stroke></v:shapetype><v:shape alt="" id="Picture_x0020_1" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" style="width:1186.5pt;height:703.5pt;" type="#_x0000_t75">
    <v:imagedata o:href="cid:image001.png@01D0A452.20081AE0" src="file:///C:\Users\ariley\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png">
    </v:imagedata></v:shape>

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:18 PM