none
Need Some Serious Help RRS feed

• Question

• hey guys my pc somedays back became unstable due to simultaneous installation of two antivirus at same time.So i had to recover my pc using system recovery(as i had deleted all restore points as advised to me by an antivirus program which said in order to clear your computer of virus you need the delete the backup copies of the virus infected files stored by the system restore points).now that my pc recovered to its original shape(as it was shipped new), i have got a big problem.I am not able to download anything from net (i have IE 6).also i am not able to install anything because whenever i do so the system tells me that i need to be logged on as administrator.But my pc has just one account which is always that of administrator.i checked  it in control panel>user accounts too but it displays my account as administrative.What do i do?

Plz HELP.

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:22 PM

All replies

• I think it is a virus. . . .. . .

Me too experienced the same problem. . ..

I had installed my OS again . .. . ..

Now everything was normal. . . .. ......
    Friday, February 15, 2008 6:37 AM
  • For installing software try right clicking it and select Run As Administrator....
    But most probably your computer is infected with virus and re-installing the OS will remove the problem completely. But first you must go through http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/article/userpermissions.htm before installing OS again as it may will help you..............
    Monday, February 18, 2008 1:55 PM