FYI: Application hangs when submitting a job using IScheduler.SubmitJob(job, null, null); RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a Windows application which always hangs when it calls IScheduler.SubmitJob(job, null, null);

The head-node shows the created job as 'Configuring'.

The reason is that the application is a 'Windows' application (i.e. not a console app) and you need to callIScheduler.SetInterfaceMode(true, Self.Handle) otherwise your application will hang

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:04 PM

All replies

•  

Maxitone,

What version of the product are you running?  Is this the CTP release from last month?

Thanks,

Josh

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 5:47 PM
  •  

I spoke with Dev about this and it is by design; you need to set the Interface type when your application starts up.

We've taken a note to include some details on this in the SDK documentation.  Thanks for the feedback!

-Josh

Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:09 AM
  • I can see that you need to set the interface type accordingly, however, I was 'dissapointed' that the application hung instead of raising an exception.

I assume, therefore, that there is no way for the assembly to know that it has been invoked as part of a windows or console application and raise an exception if it's not compatible with the SetInterfaceMode state?

Thursday, April 10, 2008 8:45 AM