none
Is there an android application for accessing social technet? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I was searching some time now if there is an android application for accessing the social technet. Except I have found that is difficult term to google, I didn't find any application to fit that cause.

Browsing through mobile or tablet the https version of the sites is not friendly at all and I believe it would help a lot if there was an app that will be used from people want to contribute with answers. I still hope there is an app that someone will reply about except tech companion that doesnt work at all. 

Thank you

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 2:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki.

It sounds to me like you want to participate in the TechNet forums from a mobile device. I will move this question to a more appropriate forum.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:57 AM
  • The forums application is supported directly by browser application only (IE, Edge, Chrome, etc) It works fine on my PixelXL using chrome but you must choose "Request desktop site" in order to post or reply.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 1:14 AM
  • Thank you for the reply Dave. I am using the same way the forums till now but I don't find it very convenient as you have to zoom in / zoom out, one wrong click can make you loose what you written etc and the experience is nothing close to a native mobile application. I am  wondering if it is will so time consuming for MS to create a very simple app for that reason that will help in their forums.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 11:50 AM
  • I agree it is not very handy. I very seldom use it. You could add a suggestion or vote up some of these in Suggestions forum.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=suggest&brandIgnore=True&sort=relevancedesc&filter=alltypes&searchTerm=mobile

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:13 PM