ServerSyncProviderProxy - ApplyChangeFailedEventArgs and SyncProgressEventArgs RRS feed

• Question

• I've successfully setup an N-tier OCA scenario using a WCF service as my proxy.  I need to handle the server provider's ApplyChangeFailed event on the client.  I also need to handle the server provider's SyncProgress event on the client so I can display helpful status messages and provide conflict resolution screens.

I could do this easily before introduction of the proxy as I had a handle to the server provider.  The proxy seems to be a black box and I'm having difficulty siphoning events out of it.

Can anyone direct me to a working example of how to do this?
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:12 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, September 14, 2009 8:42 PM

Answers

• If your server is not behind firewall you can implement wcf service using DualWSHttpBinding(subscribe to the events) instead of WSHttpBinding.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:15 AM

All replies

• If your server is not behind firewall you can implement wcf service using DualWSHttpBinding(subscribe to the events) instead of WSHttpBinding.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:15 AM
  • Servers are behind firewalls on a server farm.  DualWSHttpBinding would thus not be a viable solution.
    Friday, October 2, 2009 10:06 PM