none
Network Problems after update RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am using a SMCD3GN router/modem, and as of last night it was working. This morning not so much :( Server is not available on the network, nor by ping. Router reports this: Non DHCP-IP for my server.

I have 2 ports being forwarded. Https, TCP, 192.168.0.xx (server ip) 443 port

Http, TCP, same ip, 80 port

I manually assigned IP's for my server and my desktop and want to turn off DHCP in my router but when I do and log back into the router it did not turn off.

Any suggestions?

Thursday, April 15, 2010 8:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Cant believe I paid 130 bucks for something like this. The very first update and the thing refuses to work. :( VERY disappointing.
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:18 PM
  • Did you somehow download a network driver update? It could may not be loading your network adapter, depending on what you are using?

Give us your system specs. I assume this is probably a headless machine, you'd need to follow the manufacturer's recovery options probably to reinstall. On a custom build, you could probably just go in and check the adapter yourself

Friday, April 16, 2010 9:12 PM
  • This turned out to be the ____ SMC router. Replaced the router and everything worked. Avoid this router at all costs.
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:45 AM