What is the search conditions in crm search box RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I want to implement crm search box (on crmgrid) what is the searching pattern following by crm 2011 ,can any one suggest it's helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Muralikrishna

Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:14 AM

Answers

• Hi 

In CRM there is a search box in each grid. When you enter data for search, it searches all the columns marked for the search in Quick find view.
    CRM shows all the rows where at least one of the quick find column matches with the search data.  While find the match, CRM uses OR conditions between the columns. 
    You can go to the customization then the quick find view details and find out which all columns has been marked for search. 

Chandan - http://mscrm-chandan.blogspot.in/ I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful !!!

Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:29 AM
  • @CRMurali - also remember the search looks for "begins with" rather than equals / exact match, and using a * wildcard at the beginning makes it behave as a "contains" (or "like")

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:58 AM

All replies

• Hi 

In CRM there is a search box in each grid. When you enter data for search, it searches all the columns marked for the search in Quick find view.
    CRM shows all the rows where at least one of the quick find column matches with the search data.  While find the match, CRM uses OR conditions between the columns. 
    You can go to the customization then the quick find view details and find out which all columns has been marked for search. 

Chandan - http://mscrm-chandan.blogspot.in/ I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful !!!

Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:29 AM
  • @CRMurali - also remember the search looks for "begins with" rather than equals / exact match, and using a * wildcard at the beginning makes it behave as a "contains" (or "like")

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:58 AM