I dont have XP pro CD but have key. RRS feed

• Question

• On my old PC case i have sticky with XP pro key, but i don't remember this key match for XP pro with SP1 or SP2, cd i somwere lost.
    i have second PC with XP pro SP2 "cracked" and i want change illegal key to legal key. Thats is possible?
    Monday, September 21, 2009 1:12 PM

Answers

• A genuine product key for Windows XP Professional will work with the proper genuine Windows XP Professional CD regardless of  Service Pack level.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:45 PM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:23 AM

All replies

• Perhaps the Windows Product Key Update Tool will work for you.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, September 21, 2009 1:53 PM
  • Yesterday i try reinstal my cracked Xp pro with SP2, when i write my legal key i got message like: key is invalid
    Maybe this legal key pass XP pro without Service Packs, where i can check my key???I can send picture with my sticky where is legal key.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:08 AM
  • A genuine product key for Windows XP Professional will work with the proper genuine Windows XP Professional CD regardless of  Service Pack level.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:45 PM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:23 AM
  • I dont have Original XP pro CD, becouse i somwere lost. i Have only on my case Microsoft sticky with key.
    Today i try take original CD XP pro without Service packs. Maybe key is invalid becouse when i buy PC i buy HP now i use Athlon.
    Please help i want validate my windows...
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:34 AM
  • Hello AivarsL,

The problem is that when using 'Cracked' software,  we can't know if the software has been modified in some way and any modification would cause unusual behavior.  The key should work in Genuine Microsoft Software. The fact that it is not working in 'Cracked' software suggests to me that the problem is with the software.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:45 PM
  • Darin Smith, you are right  about software. I get new XP CD and another legal key and now all working fine.
    Thank you all. You can close this topic.

Validation successful.
    • Proposed as answer by wiindows xp Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:56 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:51 AM