CRM Report Record unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    with VS2005 I created a report for CRM 4.0 and defined it as new default report for account, following http://adrian-alexan.blogspot.com/. I deployed the report from the VS2005 to the report server database, I checked it and it was placed on the same place as the other (Account Overview etc.). Defining Account Overview ({e412b29f-7ac8-de11-b7ca-0003ffb48020}) as default report it works fine, using my own report I get an error.
    If I deployed and called the report it as {e452b29f-7ac8-de11-b7ca-0003ffb48020}.rdl the error message is "Record is unavailable. The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it"
    If I deployed and called the report it as InstitutionDefault.rdl the error message is "Error. An error has occured. Try this action again. If the problem continues..."
    The report is not shown in both cases. What could be the reason?

Thanks for help.
    Eckbert
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi 

1.Deploy the report from CRM instead of deploying it directly.
       i.e. Create a new report from CRM by pointing rdl of your report.

2. Ensure the report is created in report server of the CRM Organization deployment.

3. The report name will be refered as <<GUID>>.rdl (Do not modify the report name, search using the description field)

4. Ensure the report is executed from report server as well as from CRM.

5. Set the report as default report for the needed entity.

Regards
    Vinoth

• Proposed as answer by VinothBalasubramanian Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eegi Friday, March 5, 2010 7:21 AM
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:06 PM
  • Hi

1. I deployed the report from VS is that wrong?

Every record (including reports) created by CRM will generate a unique GUID for reference. Report server will create its unique GUID for the reports loaded. There will be a relation maintained CRM & reportserver, breaking which may result in "record unavilable". Hence its advisory to create CRM related report through CRM interface.

2. How can I ensure that?

Each CRM installation will be associated with report server URL (can be found in deployment manager and database). Navigate to that report server URL, choose corresponding organization, folder named 4.0 and search for the report name n description.

(No need to worry on point 2, CRM will take care of it).

3. Is that done by deploying? The report I deployed did not create a guid.

It will automatically created as <<GUID>>.rdl if created through CRM. The report you deployed is directly to report server hence it didnt create.

Note : As you see in the sample screen suggested by you http://adrian-alexan.blogspot.com/, output of the report is displayed in the CRM interface. Hence it must be created through CRM.

Regards
    Vinoth
    • Proposed as answer by VinothBalasubramanian Friday, March 5, 2010 4:33 AM
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:27 PM

All replies

• Hi 

1.Deploy the report from CRM instead of deploying it directly.
       i.e. Create a new report from CRM by pointing rdl of your report.

2. Ensure the report is created in report server of the CRM Organization deployment.

3. The report name will be refered as <<GUID>>.rdl (Do not modify the report name, search using the description field)

4. Ensure the report is executed from report server as well as from CRM.

5. Set the report as default report for the needed entity.

Regards
    Vinoth

• Proposed as answer by VinothBalasubramanian Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:33 PM
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:06 PM
  • Hi Vinoth,

thx for your answer.

Best Regards, Eckart
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:11 PM
  • Hi

Every record (including reports) created by CRM will generate a unique GUID for reference. Report server will create its unique GUID for the reports loaded. There will be a relation maintained CRM & reportserver, breaking which may result in "record unavilable". Hence its advisory to create CRM related report through CRM interface.

Each CRM installation will be associated with report server URL (can be found in deployment manager and database). Navigate to that report server URL, choose corresponding organization, folder named 4.0 and search for the report name n description.

(No need to worry on point 2, CRM will take care of it).

It will automatically created as <<GUID>>.rdl if created through CRM. The report you deployed is directly to report server hence it didnt create.

Note : As you see in the sample screen suggested by you http://adrian-alexan.blogspot.com/, output of the report is displayed in the CRM interface. Hence it must be created through CRM.

Regards
    Vinoth
    • Proposed as answer by VinothBalasubramanian Friday, March 5, 2010 4:33 AM
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:27 PM
  • Vinoth,

thx a lot, it worked!

Regards, Eckart
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:42 PM