Suggestion: Create an option that allows new files not to be automatically added RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I would have a suggestion for the next version of SyncToy. The only inconvenient I found in this program is that it does not give the possibility to disable the automatic adding of new files.

For example: I wanted to create a list of "Folder Pairs" that were restricted only to configuration files (ex. Normal.dot), these being dispersed in many places throughout my hard disk. The problem: every time I installed a new software, SyncToy automatically included the new files in the registry.

Would it be possible to create an option that let us choose between, say, a "dynamic" and a "static" selection of folders and subfolders?

Thanks
    • Changed type Yunwen Bai Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:03 PM this is a DCR/suggestion
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:42 AM

All replies

• HI Dany,

Let's make a clear, Would you like only sync update files(such as Normal.dot) and DO NOT sync any new created files?

Synctoy do not support this feature.

Joey Liang
    Your potential our passion This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:22 AM