CRM 2011 GP 2010 Connector Install Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are installing the CRM connectory for GP 2011 and CRM 2011.

At the beginning of the install is asks for a Service Account ID and based on the installation documentation this account just needs to have access to SQL and the MDSI database permissions are created in the install.

We are using a domain account and entering it as domain\user name and an error is showing up that begins with "Active Directory Error"

The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist. at Sysem.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind

The error continues with many errors related to DirectoryServices

Does anyone know what causes this error or if there is something about the account needed that is not in the installation documentation?

Thanks

Sue

Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:59 PM

Answers

• The updates are current.

I have already worked through a support ticket on this install.  There were several issues on the setup. 

The issue above was a permission issue on the server, we were working on and the permission in CRM.

During this process I saw 2 main issues, on the installation of Gp Web Services, on a local SQL install, you could put the word LOCALHOST for the SQL server name on previous versions of GP, this will not work on the current install, you must put in the server name, even if the SQL instance is local.

Also, after installing the CRM connector we were not able to get the customer sync to work from GP to CRM, there was a bug in the install in our case, and they did provide a work around.

Thanks

Sue

• Proposed as answer by thehetz Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:49 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Sue,

It might be challeging to get assistance on this since most don't have a lot of experience with the install.  However, my response will bump this back to the top so people can take a second look.  Additionally, I'm moving the post to deployment. 

Regards, Donna

Monday, April 11, 2011 7:43 PM
  • Does the user that you are installing the connector as have the ability to do AD lookups?  Are you current on all of you Windows updates?
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:46 PM
  • The updates are current.

I have already worked through a support ticket on this install.  There were several issues on the setup. 

The issue above was a permission issue on the server, we were working on and the permission in CRM.

During this process I saw 2 main issues, on the installation of Gp Web Services, on a local SQL install, you could put the word LOCALHOST for the SQL server name on previous versions of GP, this will not work on the current install, you must put in the server name, even if the SQL instance is local.

Also, after installing the CRM connector we were not able to get the customer sync to work from GP to CRM, there was a bug in the install in our case, and they did provide a work around.

Thanks

Sue

• Proposed as answer by thehetz Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:49 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:55 PM
  • Glad to hear that your issue is resolved, and thank for responding :)
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:09 PM