Migrating Products RRS feed

• Question

• Hi  guys , in process of migrating data from crm 2011 to 2016 on prem using kingsway soft

looking to migrate products, 

could some one tell me the correct order of product entities to migrate in order to migrate the product catalogue correctly?

many thanks

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:34 PM

All replies

• Well, I haven't done this recently but if I recall correctly, the basic idea for the sequence would be:

• Unit Groups
    • Units of Measure
    • Products
    • Price Lists
    • Price List Items
    • Separate job to populate the Price List lookup and publish each Product

Since you're on 2011 you won't have to worry about existing product hierarchies, but if you want them in 2016, you should create the families before importing the products and then use some mechanism to map each product to the proper family either in the source views or during the import.

Bundles are a whole other ball of wax. If you want those you have to create the Bundle Product records as well before publishing.

Overall a lot has changed with the Product Catalog from CRM 2011 to 2016, so being aware of the new functionality will be critical.

For example, CRM 2015 introduced the whole concept of "publishing" products: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn817887.aspx

For the sake of argument, how many products are we talking about?

• Edited by Aron F Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:19 PM
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:18 PM
  • Hi there are over 100 products I am not too bothered about hierarchies or families or bundles I jist really want the products in with the same GUIDs aswell as correct prices. Thanks
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:36 PM