WinRM remote control via SCCM 2012 monitor query RRS feed

• Question

• Daily, we use WINRM to remote control various public systems in libraries across our city. RDP is no good in these circumstances. We lock the keyboard and mouse during these sessions via SCCM so any users present cannot affect our maintenance work but what I'd really like to do is once remoted on, control the monitor power to be permanently off until I have finished. That way, any onlookers can't see the folders where our securityware exists and can't glean any clues on defeating it.

I'm a pretty basic programmer in vb.net, c# and autoit and did dabble in vb with interopservices and running something akin to  

<DllImport("user32.dll")> _
        Private Shared Function SendMessage(ByVal hWnd As IntPtr, ByVal hMsg As Integer, _
                              ByVal wParam As IntPtr, ByVal lParam As IntPtr) As IntPtr
        End Function 

with a  

SendMessage(FindWindow(Nothing, Nothing).ToInt32, Me.WM_SYSCOMMAND, Me.SC_MONITORPOWER, 2)

to turn off the monitor power. But any mouse or keyboard movement repowers the monitor afaik. I then thought of simply powering off the monitor like above in a timed loop until I had finished.

My question: Is there a better way?!

Thanks to all clever peeps out there that think about this and even bigger thanks to those who reply with useful pointers :-)

Dave

• Moved by Barry Wang Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:37 AM
    Monday, July 22, 2013 5:52 PM

Answers

All replies