Tracking Web Leads Through CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am a CRM newbie and I had a question regarding web lead tracking:  Is it possible to place a filter on the customer database to determine which leads were generated via the web?  I see our total web lead #, but I have no idea how to see those inidivduals again once they are assigend to our Sales force.  Alternately, is there a way to generate reports off of the web leads?  Thanks in Advance!!!
    Friday, May 6, 2011 10:47 PM

Answers

• Hello -

In the out of box Crm system the lead entity has an attribute, "leadsourcecode" which you should be able to use for this.  You can set this appropriately on the create/update of a lead (it is on the lead form by default).  Note that all of the values in "leadsourcecode" are customizable so you can easily change them to fit your companies needs.  After you have your leads updated you can created views and charts for the lead entity to get a visual display of where the leads are coming from.

Thanks,

Brandon

• Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:36 PM
    Monday, May 9, 2011 6:28 PM

All replies

• Hello -

In the out of box Crm system the lead entity has an attribute, "leadsourcecode" which you should be able to use for this.  You can set this appropriately on the create/update of a lead (it is on the lead form by default).  Note that all of the values in "leadsourcecode" are customizable so you can easily change them to fit your companies needs.  After you have your leads updated you can created views and charts for the lead entity to get a visual display of where the leads are coming from.

Thanks,

Brandon

• Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, June 7, 2011 8:36 PM
    Monday, May 9, 2011 6:28 PM
  • Thanks, I'll give that a shot!
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:39 PM