Backup Cannot Continue... RRS feed

• Question

• I have started using WLOC 2.0 Backup.  I am backing up to a USB disk drive.  When I run backup, I have about 20GB of data to backup and the drive has over 100GB free, yet I get this error: "Backup Cannot Continue - There is not enough free space to prepare your backup. free some space on your hard disk ..."  It's a 20GB backup and I have 100GB free.  Any ideas???

Saturday, December 8, 2007 6:25 PM

Answers

• I believe that the error you are getting indicates that there is not enough space on the C:\ drive to "prepare" the backup for copying to the external disk. Backup does not write the files directly to the external disk, but writes them to the C:\ drive first and then copies to the destination drive. You can contact support to confirm - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, December 10, 2007 8:09 PM

All replies

• I believe that the error you are getting indicates that there is not enough space on the C:\ drive to "prepare" the backup for copying to the external disk. Backup does not write the files directly to the external disk, but writes them to the C:\ drive first and then copies to the destination drive. You can contact support to confirm - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, December 10, 2007 8:09 PM
  • My problem has absolutely no relationship to backup.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:13 AM
  •  loneal9 wrote:

My problem has absolutely no relationship to backup.

And that would be?

And why, then, are you posting to a thread on a backup problem?

-steve

Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:43 AM
  • I am having a simlar error, though mine just says "Backup Cannot Continue" then below that says: "Windows Live Onecare has encountered an error and will close."  It does not, however, close from that point but remains running.  The status says my PC (a hub PC) is green "Good" but the last backup it made was 1/1/2008.  I have it set for a daily schedule but it hasn't run since then.

Thoughts/ideas?

Thanks

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:10 PM
  •  aured91 wrote:

I am having a simlar error, though mine just says "Backup Cannot Continue" then below that says: "Windows Live Onecare has encountered an error and will close."  It does not, however, close from that point but remains running.  The status says my PC (a hub PC) is green "Good" but the last backup it made was 1/1/2008.  I have it set for a daily schedule but it hasn't run since then.

Thoughts/ideas?

Thanks

My recommendation is to contact support.

-steve

Friday, January 11, 2008 4:23 PM