How can I create a workflow that will check for open campaign responses? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - 

We are using campaign responses to track new leads coming into the system via various marketing efforts. I'd like to write a workflow that will look for an open campaign response before creating a new one. If there is an open campaign response I would like to not create a new one, but just create an activity for the sales rep. Ideally there would only be one response per person. I can connect the campaign response and the contact through the "activity processes" in an advanced find, but can't figure out how to write the workflow to check if there is an open response before executing. 

I'm not sure if this is possible and hope someone can help!

Thanks

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:31 PM

All replies

• What you could do is write a plug-in before creating a record and manage your rules through that.

Philip

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:39 PM
  • Thank you - I haven't worked with plug-ins before. Can you point me in the right direction to get started with this?
    Friday, November 15, 2013 4:44 PM
  • I also think I can do this by adding an attribute to the contact form. I just can't figure out how to update a field on a contact when a campaign response is closed. Any suggestions?
    Friday, November 15, 2013 8:13 PM
  • Here is something you could start with http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334724.aspx

So with a plug-in you could control all of this. It's pretty easy

Philip

Friday, November 15, 2013 9:31 PM