none
Who have crossed the 10k limit??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

Those of you who have crossed the 10k limit, enter ur name here ... So that we can have a small statistics of those who have crossed the minimum limit....

Friday, June 1, 2007 10:51 AM

Answers

• My rank shows 24 now, but i m still far from 10K limit, it seems impossible now because i will need around 3000 more points to reack the limit...
    ooops i disclosed my score, but thatz the reality and i wanted to share it with all of you and the ones who think that lots of people have crossed the 10K limit,
    so dont get disappointed, I m telling this score of mine after all the updated points of May...
    Friday, June 1, 2007 10:58 AM
  • i have crossed 10K Smile

God luck Varun.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:00 PM
  • I think there are about 15-16 more who have crossed the 10K limit.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:01 PM
  • So with jus 15-16 crosing the 10k limit now, we can expect a maximum of another 10-15 to cross the limit with the help of points for June(with very hard work)...

Saturday, June 2, 2007 12:30 AM
  • Yes that is a very less number compared to what was expected by Microsoft people, i.e. 500,
    Dont know what they will do if they only find 20 Student partners from this whole big Competition... There has to be some other way too...
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 3:56 AM
  • I think MS will order the gifts once the results are out ? Do you think the gifts will be available to them in 15 days ? cause sometimes when mass production is required, it takes a lot of time. If they have already ordered the gifts, they will have to utilize the gift in some other competition Stick out tongue or may be just give it off.

Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:37 AM
  • hmmm, Gifts were not something i had in mind, What i meant was that the ultimate aim of the Microsoft was to get some top brains from the Country as Student partners, But if they are not able to get enough students, it will not encourage them to again held this type of competition in future..
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:42 AM
  • As they will find very less number of people who crossed the 10K limit, i think they might think that the competition was a hard one, and those who passed should be given more ...... May be offer then a job in MS Stick out tongue

Also i think TOP 500 was just a publicity stunt, the admins would have already known that there wont be 500 people crossing the limit, so just to gain more members and make them work, they might have put top 500, so many people would feel some hope that they can try to be in top 500.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:57 AM
  • i aleady crossed 10k

also best of luck for u

Saturday, June 2, 2007 7:41 AM
  • congrats jabed.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 8:07 AM
  • me too joining this league.
    but not happy
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 2:51 PM
  • @ Sunil - Congrats man... But why aren't you happy???

Saturday, June 2, 2007 3:55 PM
  • @Congrats Sunil -  You should be happy for joining into the league. I dont know why you are sad.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:51 PM
  • i'm sad because no more quiz & this contest is going to end.
    plus i could n't participate in many events like imagine cup, academic project program, & forums too.
    i became active in forums right from mid may.
    but i want MS to continue with the quizzes.
    i'll write to the devsquare team.
    any1 who will read this post, if agree with me then do the same
    Monday, June 4, 2007 2:27 AM
  • I think devsquare keeps on conducting quizzes, you can take part to it, also try giving practice quizzes, try after few days, you will get new questions every time.. Also you will get to see your score immediately after the quiz is over.
    Monday, June 4, 2007 5:23 AM
  • i dont understand what is the use of such a thread.......
    Monday, June 4, 2007 12:40 PM
  • @ Adithya - The purpose of this thread is to know how many persons have crossed the 10k criteria ..And also to have a little statistics...
    Monday, June 4, 2007 1:21 PM
  • The figure of 500 was used by Microsoft just to attract more students. They too knew that there won't be 500 students crossing the 10k threshold; nor did they wish that about 500 students should be able to do so.

As of today there are only about 140 to 150 Microsoft Student Partners.
    Monday, June 4, 2007 5:23 PM
  •  Aniket_Suryavanshi_03a819 wrote:
    The figure of 500 was used by Microsoft just to attract more students. They too knew that there won't be 500 students crossing the 10k threshold; nor did they wish that about 500 students should be able to do so.

How do you say that?? Only 20-23 have crossed the 10k limit..

Monday, June 4, 2007 11:03 PM
  • the competition was a real good one. . .. but the sad part of it is i am still slogging over the points  . .. . .with great difficulty i will touch the 7k mark. . . .. which isn't that impressive. . .. hoping MS will decreasee the points limit.  . .
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 3:46 AM
  • Hey guys, i agree that the point limit set was a bit high, but i think thats what MS expects from us, they want ppl to work hard. After all all MS contests are hard, and upto their reputation.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 4:14 AM
    The figure of 500 was used by Microsoft just to attract more students. They too knew that there won't be 500 students crossing the 10k threshold; nor did they wish that about 500 students should be able to do so.

I would like to correct you mate about the total number of microsoft student partners.

There are total of 1445 MS Student partners all over the globe spanning 63 countries.

And if you are talking about Indian MS Student Partners to be exact there are 131 Student partners in India. Also i think there are a few whose names are not yet updated in the database, so you might be right  Stick out tongue
    I just wanted to give exact stats, thats all.

SOurce :
    http://student-partners.com/

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 4:30 AM
  • By 140 to 150 M$ Student Partners, I mean that there are just that many Indian Student Partners. I haven't included or even considered the current batch of Student RockStars!!
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 5:40 PM
  • @Sunil - Surely man i agree with you. The Quizzes should be conducted even after this contest s over. We get to learn and also solve challenging problems. Increase our thinking logic and other programming aspects too.

Dont be sad, you can try in the next contest Smile
    Friday, June 8, 2007 4:27 AM
  • well MS expects a lot from us and hope we didnt dissapoint them
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:31 PM
  • Yes man i also wish i dont disappoint them if i am selected for attending the Student Rockstar exam / interview. I Hope All the persons who have crossed 10K, should pass out the interview/exam, else it will not be good for MS. As they have organized such a long contest, and they got nothing out of it.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:46 PM
  • u are right harshil
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:48 PM
  • Thanks Adithya.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 6:24 PM

All replies

• My rank shows 24 now, but i m still far from 10K limit, it seems impossible now because i will need around 3000 more points to reack the limit...
    ooops i disclosed my score, but thatz the reality and i wanted to share it with all of you and the ones who think that lots of people have crossed the 10K limit,
    so dont get disappointed, I m telling this score of mine after all the updated points of May...
    Friday, June 1, 2007 10:58 AM
  • i have crossed 10K Smile

God luck Varun.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:00 PM
  • I think there are about 15-16 more who have crossed the 10K limit.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:01 PM
  • So with jus 15-16 crosing the 10k limit now, we can expect a maximum of another 10-15 to cross the limit with the help of points for June(with very hard work)...

Saturday, June 2, 2007 12:30 AM
  • Yes that is a very less number compared to what was expected by Microsoft people, i.e. 500,
    Dont know what they will do if they only find 20 Student partners from this whole big Competition... There has to be some other way too...
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 3:56 AM
  • I think MS will order the gifts once the results are out ? Do you think the gifts will be available to them in 15 days ? cause sometimes when mass production is required, it takes a lot of time. If they have already ordered the gifts, they will have to utilize the gift in some other competition Stick out tongue or may be just give it off.

Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:37 AM
  • hmmm, Gifts were not something i had in mind, What i meant was that the ultimate aim of the Microsoft was to get some top brains from the Country as Student partners, But if they are not able to get enough students, it will not encourage them to again held this type of competition in future..
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:42 AM
  • As they will find very less number of people who crossed the 10K limit, i think they might think that the competition was a hard one, and those who passed should be given more ...... May be offer then a job in MS Stick out tongue

Also i think TOP 500 was just a publicity stunt, the admins would have already known that there wont be 500 people crossing the limit, so just to gain more members and make them work, they might have put top 500, so many people would feel some hope that they can try to be in top 500.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:57 AM
  • i aleady crossed 10k

also best of luck for u

Saturday, June 2, 2007 7:41 AM
  • congrats jabed.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 8:07 AM
  • me too joining this league.
    but not happy
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 2:51 PM
  • @ Sunil - Congrats man... But why aren't you happy???

Saturday, June 2, 2007 3:55 PM
  • @Congrats Sunil -  You should be happy for joining into the league. I dont know why you are sad.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 6:51 PM
  • i'm sad because no more quiz & this contest is going to end.
    plus i could n't participate in many events like imagine cup, academic project program, & forums too.
    i became active in forums right from mid may.
    but i want MS to continue with the quizzes.
    i'll write to the devsquare team.
    any1 who will read this post, if agree with me then do the same
    Monday, June 4, 2007 2:27 AM
  • I think devsquare keeps on conducting quizzes, you can take part to it, also try giving practice quizzes, try after few days, you will get new questions every time.. Also you will get to see your score immediately after the quiz is over.
    Monday, June 4, 2007 5:23 AM
  • i dont understand what is the use of such a thread.......
    Monday, June 4, 2007 12:40 PM
  • @ Adithya - The purpose of this thread is to know how many persons have crossed the 10k criteria ..And also to have a little statistics...
    Monday, June 4, 2007 1:21 PM
  • The figure of 500 was used by Microsoft just to attract more students. They too knew that there won't be 500 students crossing the 10k threshold; nor did they wish that about 500 students should be able to do so.

Monday, June 4, 2007 5:23 PM

How do you say that?? Only 20-23 have crossed the 10k limit..

Monday, June 4, 2007 11:03 PM
  • the competition was a real good one. . .. but the sad part of it is i am still slogging over the points  . .. . .with great difficulty i will touch the 7k mark. . . .. which isn't that impressive. . .. hoping MS will decreasee the points limit.  . .
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 3:46 AM
  • Hey guys, i agree that the point limit set was a bit high, but i think thats what MS expects from us, they want ppl to work hard. After all all MS contests are hard, and upto their reputation.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 4:14 AM

I would like to correct you mate about the total number of microsoft student partners.

There are total of 1445 MS Student partners all over the globe spanning 63 countries.

And if you are talking about Indian MS Student Partners to be exact there are 131 Student partners in India. Also i think there are a few whose names are not yet updated in the database, so you might be right  Stick out tongue
    I just wanted to give exact stats, thats all.

SOurce :
    http://student-partners.com/

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 4:30 AM
  • By 140 to 150 M$ Student Partners, I mean that there are just that many Indian Student Partners. I haven't included or even considered the current batch of Student RockStars!!
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 5:40 PM
  • @Sunil - Surely man i agree with you. The Quizzes should be conducted even after this contest s over. We get to learn and also solve challenging problems. Increase our thinking logic and other programming aspects too.

Dont be sad, you can try in the next contest Smile
    Friday, June 8, 2007 4:27 AM
  • well MS expects a lot from us and hope we didnt dissapoint them
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:31 PM
  • Yes man i also wish i dont disappoint them if i am selected for attending the Student Rockstar exam / interview. I Hope All the persons who have crossed 10K, should pass out the interview/exam, else it will not be good for MS. As they have organized such a long contest, and they got nothing out of it.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:46 PM
  • u are right harshil
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:48 PM
  • Thanks Adithya.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 6:24 PM