Money Crashes out when trying to view portfolio RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using MSMoney 2005 UK Deluxe and until today it all seems to have been fine.

I tried to change some of the portfolio column headings in my custoem view and then Money just completely crashed out.

I retried a few times and even rebooted but the same thing happened, but at least I could still view the standard views. But now, as soon as I click onthe Portfolio button Money always crashes out!

I've tried using the money repair toll, rebooting and even copying the data file to my laptop but all to no avail!

Anyone else having similar problems?

Steve

Friday, February 4, 2011 5:40 PM

All replies

• Review your backup situation. A backup file may be your solution. Did you write one to your flash drive or other media? Copy what you have so that you don't overwrite something that may prove useful.

I would try a Standard level 2, and if that does not fix it, a level 1 repair. The level 1 will delete any customized reports.

You might get by with File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair.

If that does not do it, restore a backup file that predates the problem. Rather than restore to the remembered filename, browse to your Documents folder, and choose a new filename. That will keep you from overwriting your existing *.mny file.

Friday, February 4, 2011 7:17 PM