MCTS 70-515 Exam RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am a professional software engineer in web application,  want to MCTS certified in Web applications, But have some confusions.

1. How many papers should i have to take for certified ?

2. As MCTS web applications in 4.5 is going to release in Aug 2013, so should i have attempt that paper also after clear 70-515 within some time-frame ?

3. This is my first Microsoft Certification, so what more certificates can i achieve in future in same technology.

Thanks,

Hemant

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can also have a look at the new MCSD: Web Apps certification:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcsd-web-apps-certification.aspx#fbid=nTemxTEp9eN

This track will include .NET 4.5

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

MCSE:Server Infrastructure, MCSE:Desktop Infrastructure, MCSA Server 2012, Citrix CCIA & CCEE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 Twitter: @dnyvandam http://www.dannyvandam.net

Monday, June 24, 2013 11:45 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Danny has provided a link that contains information about the newest web application certification track from Microsoft. There are three exams in the track, 70-480, 70-486, and 70-487. Please note that all three exams are live. You can register for all of them now.

On the page for each exam, you will find information about the skills that are being measured, how to prepare for the exam, and how to schedule your exam.

You might also want to consider the following exam, 98-363. This exam is targeted at a lower level than the 70-* exams. This will give you the opportunity to experience how exams are delivered. It will also help you gauge your strengths and weaknesses.  Here is the link to the exam details page for the 98-363 exam: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=98-363#fbid=1AhkEICJEMc

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Monday, June 24, 2013 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can also have a look at the new MCSD: Web Apps certification:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcsd-web-apps-certification.aspx#fbid=nTemxTEp9eN

This track will include .NET 4.5

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

MCSE:Server Infrastructure, MCSE:Desktop Infrastructure, MCSA Server 2012, Citrix CCIA & CCEE, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP 3/4/5 Twitter: @dnyvandam http://www.dannyvandam.net

Monday, June 24, 2013 11:45 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Danny has provided a link that contains information about the newest web application certification track from Microsoft. There are three exams in the track, 70-480, 70-486, and 70-487. Please note that all three exams are live. You can register for all of them now.

On the page for each exam, you will find information about the skills that are being measured, how to prepare for the exam, and how to schedule your exam.

You might also want to consider the following exam, 98-363. This exam is targeted at a lower level than the 70-* exams. This will give you the opportunity to experience how exams are delivered. It will also help you gauge your strengths and weaknesses.  Here is the link to the exam details page for the 98-363 exam: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=98-363#fbid=1AhkEICJEMc

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Monday, June 24, 2013 2:45 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for reply but I have checked the MCSD  certification course but it didnt include 70-515 exam.

If i go with MCSD exam there is 3 exam included in it, so which exam to be complete first and after completing each level did i got any certification Like 1st exam = MCTS, 2nd exam = xyz etc..

and if lets assume that i didnt passed the exam like 70-487, then what certification did i achieved for 2 exams..

And is there any expiry of these exams, and in what interval should i clear all the exams of MCSD.

Regards,

Hemant

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:24 AM
  • Hi Danny,

Thanks for reply but I have checked the MCSD  certification course but it didnt include 70-515 exam.

If i go with MCSD exam there is 3 exam included in it, so which exam to be complete first and after completing each level did i got any certification Like 1st exam = MCTS, 2nd exam = xyz etc..

and if lets assume that i didnt passed the exam like 70-487, then what certification did i achieved for 2 exams..

And is there any expiry of these exams, and in what interval should i clear all the exams of MCSD.

Regards,

Hemant

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:24 AM
  • Hi Hemant,

You are right that the new MCSD track does not include the 70-515 exam. You seemed to be interested in the .NET 4.5 track so we pointed you towards this new track.

For the new MCSD track, you do not actually earn a certificate (the MCSD certificate) until you pass all three related exams (70-480, 70-486, and 70-487.) You can take the exams in any order that is comfortable for you.

The exams don't expire. Once you have passed an exam, it stays on your record. But, once you pass the three exams for the MCSD, you will need to recertify once every two years. This is because the technology changes and Microsoft wants to ensure that you are staying current with your skills. Because of the recertification requirement, at some point in the future taking the 70-480, 486 and 487 exams may not earn you the MCSD. Instead, there will probably be newer versions of these exams that target .NET 5 or VS 20xx.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 10:53 AM
  • Thanks Mike,

I got your points but until when i didnt got the MCSD certificate how can i mention them in my CV or profile (like only passed 2 of 3 exams),

and if i passed MCSD in 4.5 then it should never been expires for me in 4.5 so why i have recertify it ?

and for recertify did i have to give all the 3 exams again ?

Can i got multiple certificates in .Net if yes then what is the step of exams ?

Like MCTS > MCSD > MCSE.

Hemant Gupta

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:35 AM