One blocks EVERYTHING! I want my computer back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 RRS feed

• Question

• Why is Microsoft One Care so militant?  It takes forever for me to access the Internet, and once I do, it takes forever to bring up a page and I USE GOOGLE?

If I turn off the PHISING feature, it speeds it up momentarily but, if I don't turn it back on within a certain length of time, it refuses me access to the Internet.  I AM ABOUT TO CONTACT THE FCC  and file a complaint.  This is the most annoying, invasive "Anti-virus, anti-pop up blocker/firewall that I have ever used and I am a tech teacher!

If this "take over" doesn't cease, I will file a complaint with the Federal Government.  We pay good money for this service and would like to control the levels ourselves!

Thursday, May 1, 2008 2:32 PM

Answers

• Before you file a complaint with the FCC or anyone else, I suggest that you contact support.

Yes, you are required to have the phishing filter on in IE for OneCare to be in green status, but turning it off will not block Internet access.

You've got something else going on with OneCare (or something else conflicting with OneCare) on your PC that is causing your inability to access the Internet and long page loads. Try turning off the firewall and/or the Virus protection in OneCare under Change Settings to see if the problem goes away (with or without the phishing filter in IE turned on).

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, May 1, 2008 3:42 PM