Remove Class display in Account RRS feed

• Question

• In Microsoft Money Sunset version I accidentally imported data that created Classes (they had / in them). I do not want to use classes and have deleted all the classes that were created.

Since then whenever I open an Account, when I am not using Topline view, I see the payee / amount line AND category line AND Class1 line AND Class 2 line AND Memo line

I do not want to see Class 1 line or Class 2 line - they just use up space in the display. Can I turn them off?

Friday, September 14, 2012 10:30 PM

All replies

• If you have no classificatons, when you click Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees (or use the Categories shortcut) you will see "Classificaton 1" and "Classificaton 2" in the left column. If you don't there is still a classification that will be listed. Suppose you had a Classification calle "Projects":

To delete a classification called Projects, click Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees click Projects in the left column.
    Then click DeleteClassification.

• Proposed as answer by Jeff SchertzMVP Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:27 PM
    Sunday, September 16, 2012 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

I am hoping one of you may be able to help. I am importing into sunset from a uk money file. Everything imports fin except the classification. I have tried bringing it in without classification as above and with the classification set up but they just will not import.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:19 PM
  • Please tell us more about how you are trying to "import" MnyUK data into a MnySunset data file and perhaps somebody will have some ideas for you.
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:49 PM
  • tonibat, I feel (picture fingers to temples) that in your QIF export from UK Money 2005 + importing to Money Plus Deluxe Sunset, you are having a problem. I think the classifications are being ignored. Did I get those things right?

Make sure you are importing into Sunset as a recovered account.  Import all of your QIF files produced by your UK file ALL AT ONCE. I did some experiments. The Classifications should be created in advance. If you have a Classification called Projects as your first Classification, make that Classification.

The QIF file transactions will have a line like this:

Lcategory/class1_value
    or
    Lcategory/class1_value/class2_value

The category or class can have a sub-category or sub-class that follows a colon.

For example, the QIF file might have this line:
    LBills:Health Club:Towels/proj2

The category is Health Club, the subcategory is Towels, and the Project class has a value of proj2. The only reason Money knows that the first Classification is called Project is because you need to create that as the first Classification before import.

Did your incoming QIF file have such Project class values?

Note that the short date format (dd/mm/yyyy) will need to be the same as when the QIF was created, unless you use a utility to convert each QIF file to mm/dd/yyyy dates before import.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:00 PM
  • Hi Cal Learner,

Thanks for the advice. It could be that I am not bringing in all the files in at the same time and I can confirmt hat I am importing as a recovered account. IF I add the family members first the import does nothing. If I do not add them the import works but does not bring in the family members class.

This is an extract from my qif file

D22/10'2009
    T-47.00
    PTESCO UPT 3842
    LCar:Petrol-Diesel/DCF
    ^
    D24/10'2009
    T-87.69
    PTESCO STORE 2064
    LWeekly Shop:Groceries/Joint
    ^
    D24/10'2009
    T-29.80
    PTESCO UPT 3920
    LCar:Petrol-Diesel/TSM

Where TSM/Joint and DCF are family members.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I will try doing all files together its just that I had read elsewhere to bring UK money files into sunset by account.

Regards

Toni

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:39 PM