I have been trying to install MS Office 365 University on my PC running windows 8 for 2 days unsuccessfully. RRS feed

• Question

•  I tried repair, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc, with no results.  After install there was a small box in the background under the install box that says "could not connect to microsoft outlook error-2147221164.  It on some installs said excel or other office apps instead of outlook.

When the online repair was run, after each occasion it said all done, but when trying to open any of these apps, it opens the app but then "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you when...."

After the first full repair at least it asked me to sign into my Microsoft account, which I did, but then the same message above..

I am so frustrated.  Office 365 is being installed from the Microsoft site.  During "repair" it says "it looks like you are on a slow connection, this might take a while"  Having a 5Mb/s isn't super fast but certainly not slow. This is stupid how much time it is taking.  I am running all the latest Win 8 on a Macbook pro under parallels with the 512G solid state drive and the fastest intel processor available and 8G of memory. HELP!

Saturday, June 22, 2013 4:11 PM