none
Bug in Alerts RRS feed

• Question

• If I mark someone's reply as Answer, or Propose as Answer. I myself get the notification for the same.

This should not really be the case.

Madhur

http://madhurahuja.blogspot.com
    Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:01 AM

Answers

• We have reproduced this issue with regard to getting alerted for our own replies. This has been logged as a bug.
    Pam Sallee Program Manager Forums team
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:51 PM

All replies

• I agree.

I also 'answered' my own Post. I 'should not' get an Alert if I was the OP.
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Monday, February 18, 2008 12:21 AM
  • Same here, and the mail contains this:

"The Microsoft Developer Network"
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Monday, February 18, 2008 4:17 PM
  • Thanks for your post! We will attempt to reproduce this issue and log a bug if necessary.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 6:41 AM
  • Same here, I created a thread, someone responsed and then I replied and I received an email message for my own reply as well:

"Another user, Gabriel Lozano-Moran, has replied to a forums thread you have subscribed to!"
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him a lifetime
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 5:41 PM
  • two issues here, anita points out that a user is not prevented from replying to their own post and then setting their own reply as an aswer; expect this to and :)

the over notification sounds by design but annoying. should likely filter own posts prior to sending alert.
    you should read more
    Friday, February 22, 2008 4:41 AM
  • We have reproduced this issue with regard to getting alerted for our own replies. This has been logged as a bug.
    Pam Sallee Program Manager Forums team
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:51 PM