Default Solution Import Error RRS feed

• Question

• We have CRM currently in production using CRM v4 and are planning to upgrade to 2011 . In addition to the upgrade we are making a number of additions and enhancements for the 2011 version coming out.

Using a backup of v4 production we restored it to a crm 2011 server running sql server 2012 and performed an upgrade.

We are now attempting to import the default solution from our 2011 environment to the new 2011 environment that was just created. Don't have the error log at hand but it is failing on the contact entity stating a unique key already exists (something like that).  I might be inclined to try to delete the entity from the target and let it recreate from the default solution , however that doesn't appear possible with this particular entity.  I've looked for schema differences in the fields between entities but haven't spotted any .

Any ideas or suggestions?

Robert

Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:14 PM

All replies

• Hi

I think CRM 2011 wont let you delete contact entity as it is a system entity and managed as well.

Can you try to upgrade your CRM 2011 to Rollup 6 and then try importing the customizations from CRM 4.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:30 PM
  • Actually the server is on rollup 15 already.  The failure log gives no indication on what field might be at issue.

Robert

Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:38 PM