none
what needs to be done in moving to win 7 64 bit? RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently running WHS and all my clients are win XP.  i am building a windows 7 64 bit client soon.  what do i need to do to allow WHS to back up this machine?  is there a upgrade connector i need to install that support win 7 64 bit or do i use the connector that came with my WHS.  anything else i need to know?   thanks
    Friday, September 25, 2009 11:53 PM

All replies

• You should not need to do anything special. On the Windows 7 PC, just navigate to the \Software\Home Server Connector Software folder on the WHS and install the connector from there.

I currently have two x64 Windows 7 PCs being dutifully backed up daily by WHS.
    Saturday, September 26, 2009 1:08 AM
  • I am currently running WHS and all my clients are win XP.  i am building a windows 7 64 bit client soon.  what do i need to do to allow WHS to back up this machine?  is there a upgrade connector i need to install that support win 7 64 bit or do i use the connector that came with my WHS.  anything else i need to know?   thanks

To clarify what Mark said: you should not have to do anything special provided you have at least Power Pack 1 installed on your server.  (The x64 Connector software was not part of WHS RTM.)
    Saturday, September 26, 2009 3:32 AM