Can't build speech app on build server without installing studio and ocs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I'm attempting to build our speech app on our build server without installing Visual Studio 2005 and OCS and just reference the necessary assemblies.  In my build script I pulled in the Microsoft.SpeechServer.dll and that got me past the first set of errors but now I'm stuck on the following error:

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\Windows Workflow Foundation\v3.0\Workflow.Targets(80,3): error : Could not create activity of type 'com.XXX.speechapp.CheckGetPlatform'. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SpeechServer.Log.Schema, Version=2.0.3400.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\Windows Workflow Foundation\v3.0\Workflow.Targets(80,3): error : File name: 'Microsoft.SpeechServer.Log.Schema, Version=2.0.3400.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
    C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\Windows Workflow Foundation\v3.0\Workflow.Targets(80,3): error :    at Microsoft.SpeechServer.Dialog.InstanceDependencyProperty..ctor(String name, Type propertyType, Type ownerType, Boolean hasDefaultValue, Object defaultValue, InstanceDependencyPropertyOption options)
    C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\Windows Workflow Foundation\v3.0\Workflow.Targets(80,3): error :    at Microsoft.SpeechServer.Dialog.InstanceDependencyProperty.Register(String name, Type propertyType, Type ownerType)
    C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\Windows Workflow Foundation\v3.0\Workflow.Targets(80,3): error :    at com.XXX.speechapp.CheckGetPlatform..cctor()
    If this isn't possible I'd like to install the speech server sdk on our build machine without installing Visual Studio and the server components of speech server.  Can this be done?  In attempting to install fromt he OCS dvd it stops me at the Component Installation screen and won't allow me to install the Development Tools because I haven't installed Visual Studio 2005 SP1.

Thanks,
    Josh
    Thursday, November 1, 2007 5:30 PM

All replies

• That assembly can be found in the GAC after installing the server components of speech server. 

In general though, you should be aware that various build tools are integrated into VS and aren't supported outside of the VS environment.  So, whilst you may succeed in building your core assembly outside of VS, I can't guarantee that building e.g. the prompt database will work.

Monday, November 5, 2007 10:55 AM