Windows Live Meeting without exchange server RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello everyone,

I have OCS 2007 Standard Edition, i'm just using it for internal im for now, but now i wanna make audio-video conferences,

question 1: Can i do this with my current system? or do i need an exchange server and windows live meeting(and office)?

question 2: Is it possible to make audio video conference by vpn(or leaseline) and without any external records and stuff?

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1) You can use OCS Standard edition to do audio and video conferences, no problem. You don't need exchange server to do this. The benefits that Exchange/Outlook give you are: presence/calendar integration & ability to schedule LiveMeetings through outlook appointments. If you don't use Exchange/Outlook to schedule, you'll probably need the OCS WebScheduler component. 

2) you can do audio/video for external parties through VPN or WAN connections, no problem. You won't need any external DNS records in that case, as long as all participants are using your corporate DNS servers. If you wanted to include people who aren't a part of your corporate WAN, then you will need the OCS Edge Server and external DNS entries would also help.

Regards,

Matt

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:39 PM
  •  

First of all, thank you for your time.

Ok, so i'm not gonna need an exchange server,  but what's  windows live meeting reaaly do?

by the way how can i get OCS WebScheduler component?

thanks for your helpSmile 

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:31 AM