CRM outlook addin development RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a requirement to develop an addin for CRM outlook which will serve the same functionality as that of the OOB CRM outlook addin.Need to implement the Synchronization,GoOnline ad GoOffline functionality.Can someone please help me.

Thanks,

Sagnik

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:45 AM

All replies

• What is the question?

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:37 AM
  • I want to know how to develop a CRM addin for outlook 2010 using the SDK of CRM 4.0.. I have tried to use the Goonline(),GoOffline() and Synch() methods of he CrmOutlookService that comes with the SDK..but that is not working at all....Need to know the steps to achieve the online and offline functionality.
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:03 AM
  • Hi

Add-ins for outlook is another topic which is not really directly related with CRM development.

It is also different depending on the targeted version of Outlook and can be quite annoying at times

You can use CRM SDK in your add-ins but some of the functionality you have required may only work for CRM outlook client when calling from within the CRM if that make sense.

I would recommend that you make sure an add-in for outlook is necessary or try to stick with CRM outlook client only with some alternative supported solutions by the CRM framework.

Regards,

Jaimie

• Edited by Jaimie Ji Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:12 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:08 PM
  • Hello Jaimie,

Thanks for the reply.Now I have the following query.

Is there any (more or less) easy way, how to move 'Go Online/Offline' button  of Outlook CRM client directly to the ribbon menu ? Currently we have it under More sub menu (OOB), which is inconvenient and requires one more click for users (MS CRM 4 UR21, Outlook 2010).

Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:21 AM
  • Hi.

Don't think ribbon customization where you require is enabled for CRM outlook client. Though may be inconvenient, I reckon a bit user training about how to use the crm outlook client should be enough rather than some unsupported changes

Regards,

Jaimie

• Edited by Jaimie Ji Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:22 PM
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:17 PM
  • Hi Jaimie,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes.. that area in the ribbon customization file is not enabled there..and the XML file also does not contain the desire node exposed so that I can move that...that is the reason I have developed a custom outlook addin..but within that addin CrmOutLookService Online(),Offline(0 and Synch() methods are not working... so, as per you if I want to use those methods from CrmOutlookService that should be used from the CRM itself ..right??

Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:43 PM