none
Please send a noticeboard everywhere——Do not send any issues related to asp.net on MSDN RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Since MSDN focuses on Windows Form, Windows Phone App……EXCEPT Asp.net, so this should be sent directly to http://forums.asp.net

However many customers don't know this and they continue sending issues about asp.net here, which have all been moved to Off-topic:(

If you think one reply solves your problem, please mark it as An Answer, if you think someone's reply helps you, please mark it as a Proposed Answer

Help by clicking:
    Click here to donate your rice to the poor
    Click to Donate
    Click to feed Dogs & Cats

Monday, April 22, 2013 2:01 AM

All replies

• Right now they are completely separate forums (and same goes for Answerers forum) so there is no way to move these threads to right place.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:30 PM
  • Programming Volunteer, 

It seems your scope goes from before 2000

MSDN focusses on Visual Studio. 

You seems to be totally focusing on the Graphical User Interfaces. But that is just a part.  

Be aware that Asp.Net does not mean Classic ASP. There is also MVC (a special kind of C# and VB code), scripting in HTML but also code behind. Code behind acts the same in Asp.Net likewise code behind in XAML (WPF/Silverligth). Code behind has the same aspects around programming like code in Office Applications, Sharepoint, Phone, Windows Services, Sql Server, Jet, the old Windows Forms ............ and so I can go on. 

So let it your in my idea small knowledge about ASP.Net not lead you to give instructions around that to others. To know what is ASP.Net and what not is often made difficult for users for those who only know that the 3 characters behind each other ASP always means that they should move it to Off Topic. It says in my idea only something about the moderators who do that.

Be aware somebody who ask something about an application should also not always be moved to the Answerer forums because everything is about Windows.

Thanks.

Cor

Monday, April 22, 2013 6:13 PM
  • Hi Cor Ligthert,

But you can see there are quite a lot of issues related to asp.net, which have been moved to Off-topic and they never got answered at all.

Microsoft employees have told them that they should send their issues to forums.asp.net.

If you think one reply solves your problem, please mark it as An Answer, if you think someone's reply helps you, please mark it as a Proposed Answer

Help by clicking:
    Click to Donate

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:38 AM
  • Hi Cor Ligthert,

But you can see there are quite a lot of issues related to asp.net, which have been moved to Off-topic and they never got answered at all.

Microsoft employees have told them that they should send their issues to forums.asp.net.

Yes it seems like that. However, not every Microsoft employee is a software expert and in fact simply another contributor to the forums like you and me. Some persons seem to think that somebody working on the post office of Microsoft is direct a software expert. I've never seen that Microsoft gives a higher state to own employees above other people. 

What you write is in my opinion sadly enough true. Before you know it is an ASP.Net issue you should certainly know it is like that. I tell also often to persons that in their question the ASP.Net forums are a better choise. But only if I certainly know it is not a question which can better be handled in another forum. For instance when you use Asp.Net in combination with SQL does not change the way SQL transact should be created. Neither does it affect the way if you want to run a service on your ASP.Net server. But that are only 2 examples, there are thousands of those and still they are moved because somebody writes ASP or textbox.  

Moderators should in my idea first try to understand what somebody asks before moving. And if they only understand those few characters: first ask.

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:40 AM
  • Maybe we have misunderstandings....

But it seems that Microsoft employees won't reply to these threads, they wanna they send issues to forums.asp.net, where there are also many Microsoft employees serving there;)

Help by clicking:
    Click to Donate

Found any spamming-senders? Please report at: Spam Report

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:41 AM