none
How do I determine whether ASP.NET 3.5 is installed on Windows Server 2008 r2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to find a straightforward answer on the web as to how to check what version of ASP.NET is installed on my Windows Server 2008 r2. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Kind regards, Jon
    • Moved by Reed KimbleMVP Saturday, June 2, 2018 11:28 AM asp.net in vb language
    Friday, June 1, 2018 6:51 PM

All replies

• On a webserver from Microsoft is running IIS and mostly installed a .Net framework. (ASP.Net is a program tool so it is not installed) 

Visit the Microsoft IIS forum, this question has beside for you maybe nothing to do with VB itself. 

https://forums.iis.net

Success
    Cor

Friday, June 1, 2018 7:12 PM
  • Just go into any application pool in IIS and see what framework versions are listed in the framework dropdown.  That will show you what versions are available on the server.

-edit-

As Cor noted, this isn't really a VB Language question so this thread should be moved to off-topic.  I'll give you a chance to reply before doing so.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Friday, June 1, 2018 8:53 PM
  • Hello Cor and Reed,

Thank you for your response and advice. Sorry I posted this in the wrong place. If I knew how to move it to IIS forum I would be glad to do so. As far as the resolution to my question, per Reed's suggestion, I went to IIS > Application Pools > in the .NET Framework Version there is v4.0 for most of the pools, however, I knew that information was there. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to determine if ASP.NET 3.5 is installed. I see from Cor's insight that ASP.Net (which is a program tool - I don't know what a program tool is, though I will google it) is not installed. Is it never installed? Seems like various sites have said that it should be installed.

Best,

Jon

Friday, June 1, 2018 9:42 PM
  • Can you change a pool to 3.5?  Is it an available option?  If not, its not installed.

You can click the link Cor supplied to visit that forum and recreate your question.  The folks over at https://forums.asp.net might also be able to better assist you.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Saturday, June 2, 2018 11:28 AM
  • Reed, thank you for your suggestion.

I'm unable to change a pool to 3.5 and it is not an available option which would indicate that it is not installed as you point out. I'll check with the folks at IIS.NET and see what they say.

Best,

Jonathan

Monday, June 4, 2018 7:07 PM