locked
CRM 2011 - Charts not counting items RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I am trying to create a chart for our support cases that displays a count based on the number of times a product has a support case.  Sounds simple, but for some reason CRM 2011 is not counting the products up correctly. 

    For example...

    Case# 100001          Product: Item 1

    Case# 100002          Product: Item 2

    Case# 100003          Product: Item 1

    The chart should show a chart with 2 bars - one bar with 2 cases labeled "Item 1" and one bar with 1 case labeled "Item 2".  However, CRM 2011 shows 3 bars each with a single case labeled "Item 1", "Item 2", and "Item 1".  I have tried using the Product Name, Product ID, and Asset Name with all producing similar results.  I even went and standardized the product name across the board removing spaces before and after the name.  "Item 1" is "Item 1" regardless of which client or case owns it.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Julio Garrido


    Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:59 PM

Answers

  • Hi Feridun,

    I tried this as well with failed results. 

    You gave me an epiphany though and I found the solution.  We have Dynamics CRM 2011 On Premise so I went to the CRM Database within SQL Server and looked at the records themselves.  I found out the client's asset was being populated when the case was created, but it failed to populate the product.  I added the product field to the case form and made it a hidden field.  Next I created a workflow to populate the product field from the asset lookup tables upon case creation and VIOLA, the charts now show the proper count.

    Thanks for looking into this Feridun and sparking the idea.

    Julio Garrido

    • Marked as answer by Julio_Garrido Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:00 PM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:00 PM

All replies

  • I tried this using the Product field from the Case entity as the Horizontal Axis label and selected Case Count:All for the Legend Entries and got the result that I think you are expecting.

    Is this what you did?

    Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:05 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Feridun,

    I tried this as well with failed results. 

    You gave me an epiphany though and I found the solution.  We have Dynamics CRM 2011 On Premise so I went to the CRM Database within SQL Server and looked at the records themselves.  I found out the client's asset was being populated when the case was created, but it failed to populate the product.  I added the product field to the case form and made it a hidden field.  Next I created a workflow to populate the product field from the asset lookup tables upon case creation and VIOLA, the charts now show the proper count.

    Thanks for looking into this Feridun and sparking the idea.

    Julio Garrido

    • Marked as answer by Julio_Garrido Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:00 PM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:00 PM