Installation crashing after updating installation files? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I start installing CRM server and you choose to update installation files. Installation files are downloaded and saved into temporary folders. After this is done installation program just simply crashes. No specific error messages presented and event log points to "ServerSetup.dll" as the faulting module. CRM log presents similar info: "Loading bootstrap library... ...\ServerSetup.dll".

I can't install CRM without updating the files since those are needed to support SQL Server 2008. I tried to run the installation using configuration file (XML) but it crashes also. I've done quite a few installations and this is just something new to me.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any ideas?

With Regards
    MV

Thursday, June 17, 2010 3:12 PM

All replies

• Are you running the installation as a Domain Administrator?
    Cheers, Edwin
    Friday, June 18, 2010 5:26 AM
  • I was not running as a domain admin but the user has required rights.

I was able to run the installation and I have a suspicion on what is causing this:

It has something to do with regional settings since I was able to run the installation package with different language. This is the first time I've encountered this kind of problem since we usually run English installation packages without glitches. For some reason the updating of installation files causes this. Installation files must include something that is not compatible with the regional settings used in this environment. It might be the "€"-character since it caused trouble when I tried to install it using a XML-file. For some reason "$" and "£" is OK, but "€" causes trouble. Great...

After installing the server a new problem has a emerged:
    The SSRS connector does not install even if the installation files are updated. The SQL Server is 200 R2.

Files are updated successfully but reporting service is not found:
    Unable validate SQL Server Reporting Services Report Server Installation.

Friday, June 18, 2010 7:36 AM