Site not indexed - Help! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Over the last months I have tried to get our clinic listed at search engines under relevant searchwords. It has proven a difficult task. We run a clinic for surgery and plastic surgery in Sweden. The site has been up for 4 years.

Plastikkirurgi vid Läkarhuset i Uppsala

prefered searchwords in swedish: plastikkirurgi, bröstförstoring, bröstförminskning, fettsugning

I've tried to get it listed at a few directories, still it has Pagerank 2, one of the worst in googles directory. Also I've tried to optimize meta-tags and content. How can I take this further?

All help is appreciated!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:16 PM

Answers

Hi Dr. Linder,

When you say you made backlinks to the page the search word is best fit for, what do you mean? In SEO/ web terminology, backlinks are those links pointing to your site from other sites. Internal linking, which I believe is what you are talking about, is a good practice and will help your score overall, but is not the same. I would recommend a backlink campaign as well. Do you have professional/medical organizations such as found here in the states? If so, maybe that would be a good place to start. Remember that one high quality link from such trustworthy organizations is worth many low quality links from other, less established sources.

Brett

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:44 PM

All replies

• you have very few backlinks. i suggest you do external linking campaign to increase the number of links to your site
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

I am showing we have 23 pages indexed. What keywords were you targeting?

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Aplastikuppsala.se&mkt=en-us&FORM=IE8SRC&src=IE-SearchBox

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:50 PM
  • It's getting there, but still it has not made top 20, even though we´re aiming at top 5, which would mirror the fact that we are among the top 3 plastic-surgical clinics in sweden with about 500 major operations anually.

Searchwords: Plastikkirurgi, bröstförstoring, fettsugning, Läkarhuset

I made backlinks to the page the searchword is best fit for. They should also all point to the indexpage.

Monday, November 3, 2008 7:32 PM

Hi Dr. Linder,

When you say you made backlinks to the page the search word is best fit for, what do you mean? In SEO/ web terminology, backlinks are those links pointing to your site from other sites. Internal linking, which I believe is what you are talking about, is a good practice and will help your score overall, but is not the same. I would recommend a backlink campaign as well. Do you have professional/medical organizations such as found here in the states? If so, maybe that would be a good place to start. Remember that one high quality link from such trustworthy organizations is worth many low quality links from other, less established sources.

Brett

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 4:44 PM