Media Library shows 0 items.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have just setup a new WHS 2011.  Copied some videos and pictures fromr my Wndows 7 client.

I can see them in Shared Folder, but they never appear in Media Library.

Anyone is having his behavior?

Thanks

• Edited by EQ23 Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:41 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:35 AM

All replies

• Hi EQ:

Could you double check in your dashboard, settings page of media, the right shared folders are included correctly as part of the media library?

Feel free to log a connect bug with server logs though.

Thanks.

-Feng

windows home server team
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:41 AM
  • Hi Feng

Thanks or your quick reply.

I am using default configuration, so Yes the Shared Folder Pictures and Videos are included in the Media Library.

Any other hints.

REgards

Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:44 AM
  • Hi EQ:

the reason I was asking is because we had a low repro bug where it's possible that they are not included in default settings. If that's the case changing them back will fix the issue.

If that's not the case we might need the server logs for further troubleshooting...

Thanks.

-Feng

windows home server team
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 3:10 AM
  • I am having the same problem.  Worked fine for a week, now shows 0 items for Pictures, Music and Videos which are being shared for remote web access.  The files appear in the associated default files shares for each of these folders.  Is there any workaround to get them to appear again via remote web access?
    Saturday, August 6, 2011 4:32 AM
  • I reinstalled WHS..... which seems to solve the problem.

But for how long?

Monday, August 8, 2011 12:24 PM
  • So here's a strange observation, after a week of show 0 items in the web media page, I logged on and the media page had items again.  Then after a reboot from a Microsoft update (.NET 4 update) the items went back to 0.  At this point does anyone know if MS working on a hot fix for this issue?
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:02 PM
  • I found a workaround solution to this issue, I hope it works,  a permanent solution in the form of a hot fix would be much appreciated

link below:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/whsvailbeta/thread/acf30d3b-c3e3-4880-af0e-d2d6c6ab2f53

Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:49 PM
  • The workaround in the about link works fine but everytime we copy a new song to the music file to the WHS via a mapped M: drive it breaks the remote web access (catalog?) and it returns to 0 items for music, phones and recorded TV. Has anyone from Microsoft fixed this problem yet?
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 6:50 PM
  • I have tried the  workarounds, done a sever rebuild but still - my pictures, videos and music are still showip as 0 Surely there must be some sort of slution by now or at least some better work around?
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 8:08 PM