none
WHS Backup tab on console missing & not backup option on clients RRS feed

• Question

• In the last few days I have had a problem with the console. The backup tab is missing. When I run the console I get a message to say there is a problem, when I press the skip button the console opens without the backup tab. I have removed all addins but the problem still persists.

Can anyone help please
    Mal
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If after rebooting your server the backup tab does not reappear then you should perform a server recovery.

Good luck,
    Al
    --

Yes thanks, I had done that a number of times without it sorting the issue. Since posting the message I have run Chkdsk on the data volumes and it has now reappeared. I do have a couple of disks in the array that have cluster errors so I will have to watch it closely.

Thanks
    Mal
    • Marked as answer by MalBall Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:44 PM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If after rebooting your server the backup tab does not reappear then you should perform a server recovery.

Good luck,
    Al
    --
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

Good luck,
    Al
    --

Yes thanks, I had done that a number of times without it sorting the issue. Since posting the message I have run Chkdsk on the data volumes and it has now reappeared. I do have a couple of disks in the array that have cluster errors so I will have to watch it closely.

Thanks
    Mal
    • Marked as answer by MalBall Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:44 PM
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:44 PM