none
Activation Issue

Question

• So I get the free upgrade from windows 10 last yr and so far its working fine for me but when i decided to upgrade my proci and mobo then suddenly my OS starts asking me for an activation code which i dont know what it is cause when i check the system before i upgrade it said that it only digitally entitled or activated the code (if i remember correctly) so i don't know what im gonna do right now.

Saturday, March 11, 2017 5:22 AM

All replies

• Afaik a modo processor means its a new system to Windows 10. So the license is no longer valid as that is valid for one PC. So follow the activation and get the phone bit, do not enter anything stay silent and then should get an operator explain the issue to them see if they can help.
    Sunday, March 12, 2017 11:23 PM
  • Hi ,

Windows 10 free upgrade key can only be activated on one computer at a time. Based on your description, you have changed your hardware configurations. It will be recognized as a new machine, a activation issue could be caused. Usually, after changing the hardware configuration, we could try to re-activate Windows by phone. Please have a try. If not help, I am afraid that you do need to buy a new license.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 2:28 AM
  • Hi ,

We haven’t heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:52 AM