none
answered question not listed as such in my profile, no points awarded either RRS feed

Answers

• Thank you for reporting the bug. This is a known issue with the recognition system, it occurs from time to time for individual forum/blog posts. According to the dev team, the bug will be fixed by the Oct\Nov release.

Dengqiang "Robin" Ren (Chinasoft) EPX Service Engineering Support Team

Friday, September 14, 2012 2:18 PM

All replies

• I agree that something went wrong for you. I and others have gotten credit in our profiles for answers since that reply was marked as an answer (unless MSDN has a problem, as I checked in TechNet).

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, September 1, 2012 10:24 PM
  • Well I just got you 5 points on that thread. =^)

How do you know it didn't give you the points? I verified that it's not in your activity feed.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, September 3, 2012 8:17 AM
    Owner
  • How do you know it didn't give you the points? I verified that it's not in your activity feed.

If i recall well, the points where at 8308 before i answered, and it stayed that way long time after i answered the question. 

So i looked into 'my profile' , under 'activity', and there was no mention of me answering that thread.

I don't know what exactly you did, but now i've double entries for another post, and still no mention of me answering the above thread:

Regards, Nico

• Edited by Nico Boey Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:25 AM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:11 AM
  • Let's say you had 8308 (as you said) points before answering the Color Dialog does not work thread.

Afterwards you got +5 for a helpful post (the one Ed voted) in the Color Dialog thread, +15  for a quick answer in the c# bindingsource thread and +10 for another answer on the same thread (both marked by the community (moderator))... This adds up to 8308 + 30 = 8338, which is what you have (or had) now.

So, definitely something wrong. You should have +20 for the quick answer in the Color Dialog thread.

Even if you didn't remember your original points correctly and did in fact get the points, there still is an obvious bug in the activity log.

• Edited by sipla Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:52 AM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:50 AM
  • This bug happens from time to time, but usually it affects more users. Say, I had this situation a few times when I didn't get points for the answers and nothing in the activity.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:17 PM
  • UPDATE: I submitted a bug request.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:28 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you for reporting the bug. This is a known issue with the recognition system, it occurs from time to time for individual forum/blog posts. According to the dev team, the bug will be fixed by the Oct\Nov release.

Dengqiang "Robin" Ren (Chinasoft) EPX Service Engineering Support Team

Friday, September 14, 2012 2:18 PM