Updating a Plugin in Dynamics CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to update a plugin assembly using Plugin Registration Tool in Dynamics CRM 2013 on-premise.

1) I opened the Update Assembly dialog using the top menu Update button of the tool. As soon as I specify the location of the assembly (in Step 1) it removes all the steps already registered with the assembly. I don't know if it is a default behavior or something is causing this.

2) I can't locate the Save or OK button to update the assembly actually on the CRM instance.

Please have a look on the pic below. I have red bordered the steps that were appearing before I specified the location to update the assembly in Step 1.

Thank you.

blog: http://technologynotesforyou.wordpress.com | skype: ali.net.pk

• Edited by Khadim Ali Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:19 PM
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Ali,
    that window from current plugin registration tool has a minimum size of 600 x 810. So you need the resolution to be at least 810px height to see the two buttons (first is update second is close)

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Marked as answer by Khadim Ali Friday, January 16, 2015 1:04 PM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 8:04 AM

All replies

• You need to change page size in order to see the on button. try Ctrl+0

Regards Faisal

Thursday, January 15, 2015 3:07 PM
  • You need to change page size in order to see the on button. try Ctrl+0

Regards Faisal

Thanks Faisal for your reply. I tried Ctrl+0 (zero) but no difference. I think Ctrl+0 is for clearing the zoom in/out effect in web pages. While this tool is a windows (desktop) application.

Please note that I have taken the snap (attached in original post) after maximizing the Update Assembly dialog (by double clicking the title bar area.

The version of the Plugin Registration Tool is 6.1.1.1143 64bit. If you can check your Plugin Registration Tool version and post the snapshot as well?

• Edited by Khadim Ali Thursday, January 15, 2015 3:30 PM
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 3:28 PM
  • Hi

I did notice that the Plugin Registration Tool's Update Dialog (desktop window) is going out of the screen from the bottom but couldn't find anyway to adjust it on my screen. Tried with Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 with highest resolution possible (i.e. 1366 x 768).

The only way I can find is to set the focus by guess (using Tab button) and Enter to execute the button functions. :D

Friday, January 16, 2015 7:46 AM
  • Hi Ali,
    that window from current plugin registration tool has a minimum size of 600 x 810. So you need the resolution to be at least 810px height to see the two buttons (first is update second is close)

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Marked as answer by Khadim Ali Friday, January 16, 2015 1:04 PM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 8:04 AM