Activation of 2nd Workstation after successful install on 1st (Hub) PC RRS feed

• Question

• My beta subscr. expired today (02/12).  I removed perfectly up-to-date OneCare using the Control Panel's "Add/Remove Programs".  Downloaded & installed from Live OneCare web page. AOK; activated w/ 25-character PID. THEN, uninstalled & reinstalled on 2nd workstation (@ 3PCs per subscr.).  Configured all settings, everything AOK.  Tried to Activate 2nd PC and all I get is: 1) subscribe icon that shows I have 15 days for "trial"; 2) I connect to OneCare webpage and get 2 options: a) but an entirely NEW one for $49.95; or b) enter my 25-character PID and then of course get an error message that says that PID is already in-use. I DO NOT GET THE OPTION TO SIMPLY ACTIVATE the 2nd workstation.  I then spent 2 hrs and 57 minutes on 3 phone calls to the Philippines to try to get someone to SIMPLY MANUALLY activate the 2nd PC workstation.  Got nowhere.  Anyone know where Steve Ballmer's parking space is because I have a paintball machine I'd like to empty on it.  Alternately, anyone have any idea how I can activate PC #2?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 9:18 PM

Answers

• Thomas, did you sign in on the second PC with the same LiveID that you used on the first PC? 

On the first PC, open OneCare and click Help and then About to see your Subscription ID. That is the LiveID to sign in with. If so, can you sign in with that LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com to see the status of your subscription?

I don't understand why support was unable to help you (they can't activate your PC manually), but then I don't understand why you would be asked to pony up for a new subscription if you signed in with the *same* LiveID on PC #2 that you signed in on PC #1 with.

-steve

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:03 AM