What about Microsoft Money Premium? RRS feed

• Question

• Still confused. We use Microsoft Money Plus on Windows Vista running under VMFusionWare on a Mac. At the bottom of the Home > My Money page, after all the "Online backing services changing on October 2, 2010" and "Important notice for Money Plus user" messages there's a link that says "Upgrade to Money Premium now." Yet, when I click on that it opens up the Windows Internet Explorer browser and says "Microsoft Money Plus is no longer available for purchase or extension of online services."

So, why would Money Plus have a link to upgrade to Money Premium and then take me to a message about Money Plus? Is either one available? If so, is there a Mac version? Where can I buy it?

Thanks for any clarification.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 2:24 AM

All replies

• 1. It's software, and things did not work out quite as planned.

2. No. http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx

You should download and keep the Microsoft Money Sunset Deluxe install file in case you need it for future install.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 2:49 AM
  • Cal, thank you for the speedy response. After many years of Quicken I switched to Money and was delighted at how more thoughtful and intuitive the user interface was. I liked it so much that after a couple of years of Quicken for Mac I went through the whole process of buying Windows, VMFusion, and Money to run the thing on the Mac. (So, I have the original disk.)

It's too bad that such superior alternate to Quicken is biting the dust.

Once again, thanks.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 2:55 AM
  • A lot of us will continue to use Microsoft Money. Search for PocketSense for scripts that will provide statements from your broker and credit cards via OFX files, as well as quotes for securities that are not brought in from your  broker.
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 4:02 AM