mystifiedwellandtruly RRS feed

• Question

• Like so many on here, I've been using MS Money for donkeys years. I've gone and lost (???) my login details, and can no longer access my records. So I have to start again. My question is, the version I've used has been a UK one, but way back in the past, I managed to change the base currency to euros, but I did not use any exchange rates. This has worked brilliantly for me, as I now live in France. In the past I have been able to download statements from my French bank, use them in Money and they've been spot on. Having lost my previous details, I want to start from fresh, using SUNSET, but have no idea how to use euros as a straightforward bank account. It always asks me for exchange rates. I have absolutely no need for exchange rates. I just want to use it to keep a daily record of my spending. How can I overcome this problem?
    Monday, February 17, 2014 10:20 PM

All replies

• I believe that you need to change to Euros in Windows itself.  For Windows 7, have a look at:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-dates-times-currency-measurements-display#1TC=windows-7

Let us know if this works.

Bill Becker

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:08 PM
  • I think there is no benefit in moving from UK Money 2005 to Sunset.

Have you set Sunset's base currency to the Euro in Tools - Settings - Program Settings - Currency - Update Currencies? The Euro comes after Ethiopia in the country list.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:34 PM