Uninstallation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 RRS feed

• General discussion

• When I want to de-install the Program mentioned above, Windows Installer says that the feature I am trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. A folder containing the installation package 'vc_red.msi' is required and a certain directory in the root that is C:\..................\ is looked up as a source, however, it cannot be found. You end up in a loop that leads to nothing but wasting your time. I never installed these Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 redistributables, it seems they are required by some programs to function effectively. Among all these redistributable Visual C++ installations only the above one causes problems when you try to un-install it. So where do I get the right vc_red.msi in the most elegant and in the least circumstantial way. Furthermore which programs depend on the installation of the above Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable und will behave erratically or not all any more after uninstalling the above program?

I appreciate any positive comments that lead to some kind of solution. Thanks in advance  Now I landed in this forum I fear that I will not find it any more when I leave it again or that there will be lots of obstacles in the process of finding it again. I think it is not advisable to leave my e-mail address here.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 9:45 PM

All replies

•  

You are off topic for the forum you posted to, which is dedicated to Microsoft Security Esentials Beta

You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:24 AM
  • I see you have many gold medals and I might be totally wrong but when in doubt find out! The reason that I am here is because I was flagged about

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17and the security issues. I hold no rank meaning that I love to look and read and try yo learn and understand the ins and outs of this stuff. But I find most often after many googles I think I have found the answer but because of the uncertainty I nae implement the fix unless its a default action or the like...are we crystal...I am not even in boot camp. I am still talking[to myself] and looking at brochures...rarely acting on my own call for fear of breaking something that's working

As to why I am here ...I was flagged as to serious security issue [by Belarc Profile]with

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 and after reading

Microsoft has released security bulletin MS09-035. // Q973924 (main )   And so I am here trying to find out if my C++ is the one that is good to go as is or NOT>>>I am unable to act with 100% confidence...So if I am in the right place this clarification I believe could help both myself and the one you all, or 5 star say is in the wrong zone!
                                    KIND REGARDS//AND THANKYOU -MICROCAMEL

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 6:10 AM
  • Wrong forum, microcamel - this is an off topic folder as the original post was totally off topic for the forum it was posted in.
    If you have questions regarding updates, you can check here:

Windows Update Solution Center - http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

And this forum is dedicated to Visual C, so the community there may be able to answer you:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualc/

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:39 AM