I'm Back. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, I'm back cause so far your the only person who's actually given me any help at all. I sent the email to the support page you gave me and they sent me back a response that simply linked me to a few self help sites that I had already been over and then sent me to Phone/Chat/Email support page but it was Christmas and I was in no mood to deal with this problem now so I left it off until now because schools starting again and I NEED my laptop. So I go to the support thing and click on Chat support but then it asks me for my Product ID which I put in, note this is the same product ID that my WGA Diagnostic Tool tells me is Genuine, but the support website tells me its invalid and I will be required to pay $59.99 to get support.

Now theres no way im paying $60 for support that is supposedly free. I've been bumped around from this forum to email support and then to this BS $60 support and now I'm back here cause nothing has worked so far.

All I want to know is how do I uninstall this stupid KB933928 update in safe mode even though it says "update could not be fully uninstalled". If you dont remember me and my problem say something and I'll copy paste the one page info thing I sent to email support.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Tipsy,

I'm very sorry for you the issue you are experiancing as well as the problem of getting you to the correct support.  You are correct, you should not have to pay for this support. The issue is related to WGA and WGA support is provided at No Cost.

Back when you sent the email to the support page and they sent back a response, the email they sent you should have had a number (called a Confirmation ID and it looks something like this1047470489) in the Subject line.  Would you provide me that number?

Once I have that number, I can look up your Case in our system. I will then re-activate the Case and request that you are contacted, by a Vista Support Professional, by mail or (preferably) by phone.

In case they decide to contact you by phone, could you tell me what time of day would be best for them to call?

Thank you,

Darin

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Tipsy,

I'm very sorry for you the issue you are experiancing as well as the problem of getting you to the correct support.  You are correct, you should not have to pay for this support. The issue is related to WGA and WGA support is provided at No Cost.

Back when you sent the email to the support page and they sent back a response, the email they sent you should have had a number (called a Confirmation ID and it looks something like this1047470489) in the Subject line.  Would you provide me that number?

Once I have that number, I can look up your Case in our system. I will then re-activate the Case and request that you are contacted, by a Vista Support Professional, by mail or (preferably) by phone.

In case they decide to contact you by phone, could you tell me what time of day would be best for them to call?

Thank you,

Darin

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:29 AM
  • SRX1053208778ID

The SRX and ID dont fit in with your example but I think this is the number you want. I'm free Monday-Friday at 3-6 and 7-9 PM Eastern time this week and next week.

Thanks for your continuing help.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:11 AM
  • Btw if they do call it's probably best that they ask for Mack instead of Tipsy, not sure how my parents would react to that.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:19 AM
  • Hi Tipsy,

I've passed your information on to the Product Support Services manager and I believe they will be contacting you. They did not confirm if it would be by mail or by phone, but if you are not contacted by the end of the week, yell at me again and I will light a few fires and get it done.

Darin
    Wednesday, January 9, 2008 7:50 PM
  • So far no email or phone call.
    Sunday, January 13, 2008 10:29 PM