none
when a person will be awarded MCC / or any other RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There

I want to know how Microsoft recognizes a profile to be a MCC.

I know that MVP's can recomend some person to be a MCC though, but the FAQ of MCC states that even microsoft will periodically review and award the suitable person.... what is that time interval for review..... 

Sean --- can you please share some info on this? Please dont say you will know more on the magical day september 1st.... 

Nothing is Permanent... even Knowledge....
    My Blog
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:26 PM

Answers

• A user here with only 260 points may have earned the MCC status on another site (silverlight.net, asp.net etc.) but the MCC affiliation is being shown throughout the different sites. It's confusing, it sucks, I'll let folks know.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:07 PM

All replies

• This one isn't a September 1st thing ;-)

The reviews are happening on a monthly basis by the MCC team. They are reviewing the MSDN and TN forums, ASP.Net/Silverlight.Net forums, Microsoft Answers etc. I don't have the exact details of what they are reviewing to help you understand what to do to earn the MCC award though.

I do have a meeting with the MCC Program Manager on Friday so I could ask him to visit this thread and help answer your question.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:47 PM
  • Thanks Sean
    My Blog
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:57 PM
  • This one isn't a September 1st thing ;-)

The reviews are happening on a monthly basis by the MCC team. They are reviewing the MSDN and TN forums, ASP.Net/Silverlight.Net forums, Microsoft Answers etc. I don't have the exact details of what they are reviewing to help you understand what to do to earn the MCC award though.

I do have a meeting with the MCC Program Manager on Friday so I could ask him to visit this thread and help answer your question.

Hello Sean 

I hope you dont forget your word of asking the MCC review to get back to this thread....

Surendra

My Blog
    Friday, August 5, 2011 4:43 PM
  • any more information on this Sean.....
    My Blog
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:25 PM
  • Hi Sean and Surendra
    I am also interested to know that information given on Friday the MCC team which is the procedure for selecting contributors for that award.
    Thank
    Jaime
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:03 PM
  • Sorry for the delay, I wasn't near the forums much yesterday to get back to you.

The review process is going to be published in more detail in the coming months/year. Updated algorithms, onboarding of more sites, determing how many MCCs they are etc., mean they are reviewing their review process. But the plan is to make it public one day.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:48 PM
  • So until that one day (not even our Sep-1st thing) we (general public) dont know what the algo is Cool....

I just got curious when I have seen a profile with only 260 points or less awarded a MCC status.... 

So, from the facts here it looks like contributing to the online forums is not taking me anywhere near to the MCC finish line.....

Till Microsoft publishes this, I think I might be searching a sleeping black cat in the darkest night.

My Blog
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:04 PM
  • A user here with only 260 points may have earned the MCC status on another site (silverlight.net, asp.net etc.) but the MCC affiliation is being shown throughout the different sites. It's confusing, it sucks, I'll let folks know.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:07 PM
  • Thank You
    My Blog
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:12 PM
  • Surendra,

To offer you some consolation, I got this status only ~2 months ago and I've been active on various forums for several years. So, that process is indeed a bit of a mystery.

I see many users without the status that in my opinion deserve some recognition and in some cases the status is a bit strange. Also, many people have the status but haven't been active since the moment they received it.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:24 PM
  • Hello Naomi

If you got your status of MCC only 2 months back.... 

Hmmmm... Just by doing some quick math, I think I will get it only after three and half  (3.5) years.... (80000/2000)....

I think I need to wait for my 3rd birthday to get a free safari subscription..... 

No problem... I can wait.. but when ever  I see some one with only 200 / 1000 points awarded as MCC... I feel like something wrong here or out of place... 

Asking everyone to participate in the forums, awarding eveyone with the equal points based on the answers... cool look good... but why not MCC the same way... 

My Blog
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:29 PM
  • Good luck! :)

My blog
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:31 PM
  • Thanks for the kind words Naomi and also some useful info.
    My Blog
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:35 PM
  • Hi Sean, Naomi, Surendra

I think we agree on this idea, hence the stronger is my request to publish promptly all the rules of recognition for all awards granted by Microsoft.

This publication must be clearly and precisely not as ambiguous:

If you help forums some recognition bronze

If you make a greater effort will receive silver and

If your accomplishments is extraordinary contribution will give you many gold.

A recognition scheme like that does not say anything, overly generous. And it lends itself to any form of manipulation to the extent allowed subject to the subjectivity of evaluating and do not to clear rules of participation.

Jaime

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 9:04 PM
  • We are targeting Sept 1st to share the details on the recognition system. However I'm not responsible for the MCC program so our communication/documentation won't cover anything to do with earning the MCC award.

And FYI, the MCC award has only been around for 6 months so it wasn't possible for Naomi to earn it a long time ago.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:10 PM
  • Sean,

The first MCC nominations were in November 2010. Two of my friends who were the very first recipients e-mailed me then and asked if I received it as well. Then each month I was seeing more and more people with the status, but I didn't get it. So, at some point I was almost feeling naked when I replied.

My blog
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:26 PM
  • If this is FACEBOOK, I would have ticked clicked LIKE immediately after seeing this post.....
    My Blog
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:39 PM
  • I got It Sean...

I am not asking you to give us any documentation/ algo / what ever related to this MCC thing....

I know that from your first post itself that you are not responsible for this MCC thing....

Anyway please communicate this to the MCC team the next time you meat them... 

It might be a little de-motivating factor for the community here to see they are not recognized while their peers(may not be peers as such) are... We are living in the competition world after all....

My apologies If I have used any strong words... but I really want to communicate this to the team....

----->"And FYI, the MCC award has only been around for 6 months so it wasn't possible for Naomi to earn it a long time ago"

Hmm... Thanks for the information that MCC is only around from 6 months... 

So I need not wait for 3.5 years for the finish line.......

Hurray....

My Blog
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:49 PM